People - NOMINEE: Alberto Scholz
Outside the Mainstream
Support this photographer - share this work on Facebook.
OUTSIDE THE MAINSTREAM
We shall be looking at portraits of Women of Barcelona, made between the year 2003 and 2005.
All the photographies are analogical, scanned by Sonia Balcells with a post-production from Addretouch, and the author owns the rights on
These images are pieces of reality, fragments of experiences caught by the camera. They don’t keep us away from reality but reinvent it, arousing reflections that go further than pure evidence.
The constant movement of the border between the artist and his subject is vanishing within an ephemeral encounter.
Most of the settings shown here have disappeared, only nostalgia is left. Places that don’t exist anymore, places that would thrill the senses.
Memory, amplified by the picture, lingers on, and gives way to a city without identity ... a city transformed, suitable for all kinds of publics.
The Women portrayed here are defiant and transgressive, rebellious and vulnerable.
Each story is different, every woman with their unique experiences is different and each time the relationship is different.
• Periódico de Catalunya
• Rolling Stone
• Fotografía Actual
• L`Agenda de la Imatge
• Arte Gráfica
• Hip-Hop Nation
• “Uno – Skateboard Magazine”
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• 1995 Selected in “Concours Photo XV Edition”
• 1997 Award in “Austrian Super Circuit”
• 2001 Award in “Concurso Fotográfico de La Vanguardia”
• 2004 Selected in “Descubrimientos Photoespaña”
• 1996 Short Film in “L`Alternativa” en CCCB (Centro Cultural
Contemporáneo de Barcelona)
• 1998 Short Film in “Primer Pandemonium Audiovisual” in Metronom
(Fundación Rafael Tous de Arte Contemporáneo)
• 2003 Feria de Barcelona (Art Expo)
• 2004 Gallery H2O , Barcelona “1998 – 2003”
• 2004 Scenes, Graffiti in Barcelona (Index Book)
• 1995-1998 Photography studies at “Institut d′Estudis Fotografics Catalunya”